This post is also available in: suomi
Fifteen animal rights parties across the world call on governments around the globe to take urgent action to create a safer, more sustainable and compassionate food system. In order to achieve this, the parties propose eight measures and have launched an online petition that will be delivered to different governments around the world.
In order to fundamentally reform the food system, the fifteen parties urge governments worldwide to:
- lead on the reduction of animal products now, aiming for a reduction of 70% by 2030;
- impose compulsory labelling on all animal products, including details of the product’s ecological footprint and indicating where the animals were raised, if they had free access to outdoors and if they were stunned before slaughter;
- ban the consumption and trade of wild animals;
- end the international transport of live animals;
- ban factory farming and industrial fishing;
- phase out subsidies for meat and dairy;
- provide a daily vegan menu option in canteens;
- help farmers make the transition to plant-based agriculture.
Finally, we ask each of you to take action. We must reconstruct our food system. We have always fed ourselves in this way, but now we will do it differently. If not for the animals, change your eating habits for the sake of your children, your own health and the planet.